Sunday November 25, 2007 9:00pm EST
Jack Kennedy (President)
Dave Morrisette (incoming 1VP)
Ron Bell (Second Vice President)
James Corley (Secretary)
Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
Dick Montgomery (DLC)
Mary Jane Kinney (Office Manager)
Bob Hester (Internet Coordinator)
• IRS NPO issue in regards to IPMS/OC – Nat Richards indicates IRS might
accept the Convention if set up under the IPMS/OC NPO Incorporation.
Individual host chapters can be liable for a 23% federal tax plus local &
state taxes. If the show is an IPMS/USA 501(C)7 this could be avoided. The
IRS could force the “Nationalization” of the convention by the EB under
this situation. The EB will investigate this with our tax attorney.
• Journal Staff and Status of Ad revenues – Billing for V19J3 & 4 was not
mailed due to Nationals. Nat Richards has resigned as Advertising Editor,
and the Journal staff is advertising for the position, and will make
recommendation to the EB.
Second Vice President’s Report
• Convention Management Cmte – The committee is scheduling their first
teleconference to discuss standardization of future conventions. The
committee is investigating the cost of having a specialized company to run
• Hobby Shop Guide – The column in the Journal has yielded about 100 hobby
shops, with about half of these being new additions.
Director of Local Chapters Report
• NPO Status for clubs – Many chapters are requesting coverage under the
IPMS/USA NPO status. This is currently not allowable as each state has
• Charter Renewals – We are about two-thirds of the way complete. We
currently have 220 chapters.
• Ron Grasmick – Ron shall be granted a two year extension for service as
Regular checking $ 49,658
Make N Take $ 1,891
Regular Savings - $ 7,280
Convention Savings $ 14,420
Investment Savings $113,839
To be paid…
V19J6 Journal - $ 11,080
Liability Insurance - $ 8,000 (actual amount TBD)
D&O Insurance - $ 960
Office Manager’s Report
• Our CC processor will now allow us to accept Discover Cards
• The Office received bound copies of the Journal from a member.
• It’s almost time for new brochures – we need to update the brochures
with new images to send to shops on the hobby shop list.
• IPMS/UK and Overseas Chartered Chapters – While attending the IPMS/UK
Nationals in Telford, England Secretary James Corley was approached about
our practice of chartering chapters outside the US. This apparently
violates our charter as a chartered branch of IPMS. IPMS/UK is the
governing body, and chapters in Spain should belong to IPMS/Spain not
James Corley moved to adjourn, Jack Kennedy seconded. Meeting Adjourned
by unanimous consent.
Submitted by James Corley, Secretary