November 1, 2009
- Jack Kennedy (President)
- Dave Morrissette (First Vice President)
- Ron Bell (Second Vice President)
- Tim Darrah (Secretary)
- John Noack (Historian & Publication Director)
- Dick Montgomery (Director of Local Chapters)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager)
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster)
- President's Report - Jack Kennedy
- 5 year membership extension given to Jim Corley for services rendered to IPMS. Voted on and approved 100% by the E-board.
- 2 year membership extension given to Gil Hodges for services rendered to IPMS. Voted on and approved 100% by the E-board.
- How to reward Eileen Persichetti for services rendered to IPMS – will get a $100 gift certificate & flowers. Voted on and approved 100% by the E-board.
- Premier awards issues on the Forum, possible deleting this from the Nats. Will keep it but will keep careful track (during registration) of it each year. Voted on 100% in favour.
- Officer's forum – DLC only
- GSB/123 – Was originally "mis-handled", that's why it's back to let the host Chapter decided. Ever growing records show that 123 is more popular than GSB
- First Vice President's Report – David Morrissette
- Transfer things to JN, within the next 3 – 4 weeks
- Dropped 8 more reviewers, 123 total reviewers
- 4 active reviewers, 2 on sabbatical and 2 trainees that are about to wash out. Needs more help.
- M-N-T, talked with Revell at the Nats, we'll still get the kits from them, but not at a big discount.
- ABC, needs curriculum written for all types of models. Will also use YouTube.
- Recommend a review of cost/value received for MnT and other programs. John N suggests a committee to review and make recommendations to Dick M.
- Second Vice President's Report – Ron Bell
- 2011 bid solicitation mailed. No firm responses yet.
- Convention site locator service notice mailed out to all Chapters.
- 2009 Convention after action report received and distributed amongst E-board. Record profit predicted. We should get a check for just over $14,000.
- Work proceeds on the shopping cart aspect of the 2010 convention
- Secretary's Report
- Tim Darrah
- Records from previous Secretary are being sent to new Secretary
- DLC's Report
- Charter renewal pace is relatively the same as last year with the percent of clubs finishing the process by 01 Nov being similar to the percent of renewed clubs at this time last year.
- Historian / Publication's Report - John Noack
- Prepping for the transition
- Treasurer's Report - Ed Kinney
- The Journal Staff has asked for a budget for 2010 – figures for consideration.
- The Journal staff would like to increase the Convention issue with an additional 8 pages to allow for additional information about the Conventions. We are awaiting on a cost from the printers before making a commitment.
- 2008 – averaged on 6 issues
- Printing expense is averaged at $8,767.68 per issue
- Postage expense is averaged at $2,004.77 per issue
- Advertising income is averaged at $2,033.42 per issue
- 2009 – averaged on 5 issues to date – advertising on 4 issues
- Printing expense is averaged at $8,880.46 per issue
- Postage expense is averaged at $2,064.92 per issue
- Advertising averaged at 4 issues at $1,775.50 per issue
- IRS audit continues – the accountant sent in copies of contracts and answers to 34 questions on October 23
|Regular Checking Acct
|Regular Savings Acct
|Convention Savings Fund
|Make N Take Checking
|2010 Convention Checking *
|Key Bank CD
|National City CD
* Funded by National Dec '08 – amount $5,000. Phoenix has deposited $8,725 for vendor tables and expenses have been to date $3,618 for the facility and $486.37 for miscellaneous expenses i.e. printing, PO box, etc.
- DFL's Report – John Ratzenberger
- No real change since business meeting brief. Reviews still overloading me.
- Interest expressed in 2 SIGs (1/43rd cars & P-51s), then nothing further
- Am slowly changing Journal SIG format/content to (hopefully) draw interest
- A few international questions handled
- Membership Secretary's Report – Bruce Briggs
- Adult Memberships 4055
- Family Memberships 203
- Family Members 527
- Junior Memberships 28
- Life Memberships 29
- COMP Memberships 41
- Total Memberships 4356
- Total Members 4680
- Membership Database Project
- National Office Manager's Report - MJ Kinney
- Last Journal V21J5 was mailed to 4412
- V21J4 was mailed to 4419
- Year to date new members 515
- Convention – processed 106 memberships of which 28 were new members. We sold 34 shirts, 18 hats, 4 sweatshirts, 4 tote bags, and many decals, pins & patches
The Chapter liability insurance renewal package has arrived – will be completing it in the next week so as to get it back to the company in a timely fashion for our policy renewal on January 15, 2010.
- Our Director and Officers' liability insurance policy will be renewing in December.
- If anyone knows the whereabouts of the National Convention banner – it went missing at Columbus – please let MJ know. The DLC grabbed it so it wouldn't disappear and will bring it to Phoenix.
- Four amendments have been input, they are similar and will go to the CRB for processing
- Webmaster's Report – Eric Aitala
- Store applications & forms being uploaded
- Adding products to the website
- People have complained about the website being slow. It's been worked as much as it can from our side. It's a server problem.
Submitted by Tim Darrah, Secretary
Monday October 12 2015