February 1, 2010
- Dick Montgomery (President)
- John Noack (First Vice President)
- Ron Bell (Second Vice President) @
- Tim Darrah (Secretary)
- Jack Kennedy (Historian & Publication Director) @
- Doug Hamilton (Director of Local Chapters)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
- James Woody (Journal Managing Ed.) *
- Dennis Tennant (Forum Administrator) *
- Mike Polk (NCC) *
- Dave Morrissette *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
@ = Not present
- John Noack, 1stVP
- Discussion of online review process with possible improvements.
- What is the IPMS/USA "message" we want to send to our industry contacts, our members and website visitors?
- Discussion re: review type by product type
- New "Supporting the Troops" opportunity.
- Action: Will research and report regarding the above.
- Ron Bell, 2nd VP
- Tim Darrah, Secretary
- Possibility of expanding the reimbursement of business expenses to include the RCs on a limited basis such as Internet, postage, office materials, telephone costs. Resolved that the DLC will distribute information regarding appropriate opportunities for possible use in preparing tax returns.
- Update – Former Sec, as of 27Jan, has forwarded no records.
- Contacted former Secretary again. He reports that records were sent in November and it appears that the records never reached new Sec, Tim Darrah. A new set was sent on 03Feb10; arrived on 06Feb10
- Treasurer, Ed Kinney
|Regular checking account
|Make N Take checking
|Key Bank CD
|National City CD
|2010 Convention Checking
|Outstanding items to be paid
|Liability Insurance Policy
|Printing/Mailing V22J1 estimated
- The IRS has completed the audit of our 2007 tax return and has accepted it as filed. So the books are closed on that item.
- V21J6 of the Journal (convention issue) was printed with an additional 8 pages to accommodate the number of photographs due to the expanded number of categories the NCC added at the convention. The additional cost in printing was $ 2,500 +/- with an additional cost in postage of $ 2,000 +/-, plus an additional cost of $ .47 for each replacement issue mailed to members. Awareness issue and need for budgeting.
- Options discussed that will reserve more space for convention images.
- Nat. Of. Mgr., MJ Kinney
- V22J1 is being mailed to 4501 members– the highest number since 2003. The number has been increasing steadily since the beginning of 2009. To date (1/20/10) we have 32 new members in 2010.
- Our new Liability Insurance policy has been bound and went into effect 1/15/10. The D&O insurance policy has been renewed as of 1/1/10.
- We have printed a new supply of brochures with some updating of verbiage and photographs - Thank you, John Noack. Brochures can be shipped to the chapters upon request.
- Special Products continue to be ordered. We have had a price increase, the first in 5 years, of about 2.5% on golf shirts and t-shirts.
- The convention website/registration is working great (unless Phoenix tells us differently !)
- Jack Kennedy, H/PD
- John Ratzenberger, DFL
- Open Forum
- Maintaining focus on the hobby & maintenance of a cooperation & positive environment
- Public Record of EB Decisions & Policies.
- DFL/SIG Info/Status/Plans (just FYI. I welcome offline comments, suggestions)
- Bruce Briggs, Mbr. Sec
- Doug Hamilton, DLC
- Search process to begin for RC vacancies.
- James Woody, Journal
- Working with 1st VP on getting more “current” reviews and reviews with kits still in the box.
- Getting articles & photos that don’t fit within the publishing guidelines – takes time to re-write them to fit.
- Discussed: process for preparing review content for the Journal. Work needs to be coordinated with Journal staff prior to review process starts to ensure a print-ready review.
- Dennis Tennant, Forum
- Speed/performance improvements to the IPMS discussion forums, i.e. need for faster software and servers, will be researched.
- Possibility of reorganizing or combining existing non-model topics. will be reviewed.
- Possibility of forums specific to task groups, or adm groups with access for members of those groups discussed.
- Eric Aitala, Website
- Regarding Forum Instability, will need to move the sever in order to improve the forum
- IPMS Website redesign issues, Webmaster will institute a study.
- Mike Polk, NCC
- Dick Montgomery, President
- Membership Acquisition and Retention Group
- M.A.R.G led by Frank Ciccarella
- Group members recruited by Frank:
- Bob Collignon, Tom Faith, Dick Schulenberg
- Grp will investigate and explore membership acquisition and retention ideas…reporting to the President.
- ABC, growth of program beyond aircraft, use as mbr acquisition and retention tool, tie into a National Model Day…or Revell program.
- Future of MnT?
- Good PR and supported financially by some chapters and individuals.
- No proven track record of membership acquisition. Tracking Methods?
- Eliminate the unnecessary period of time between Oct 1st when election results are verified, and Feb 1st when administrative handover takes place.
- Will be reduced to one month and exact timing will be determined with attention paid to timing of national convention and other factors
- Dissolution of position of Counsel
- Redundant position with service already provided by D&O policy and informal opinions gathered from licensed attorney-members.
- Appointment of any staff position resulting in membership set to Indefinite Status, a standard operating procedure to be instituted.
- Persons filling these positions must be approved by EB prior to service.
- To include, but not be limited to:
- RCs (already in place)
- Head Judges and members of NCC
- Journal Staff
- Assistant Webmasters
- Other positions will be considered and reviewed as the circumstance require.
- Let the record show that the motion to extend Dave Morrissette’s membership by 5 years after any extension he receives from his services as RC-4 has been approved calculated and passed without dissent. Further, Dave’s wish to return his life time membership is accepted by the EB without dissent. Dave, out of respect for those other Life Membership holders and their contributions to the Society, states that his activities have not reached, in his option, a level which warrants Life Membership. His action reflects his respect for the Society and those recipients of Life Membership that came before him.
Submitted by Tim Darrah, Secretary
Monday October 12 2015