May 11, 2010
- Dick Montgomery (President)
- John Noack (First Vice President)
- Ron Bell (Second Vice President)
- Tim Darrah (DLC)
- Larry Randel (Secretary)
- Jack Kennedy (Historian & Publication Director) @
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
- Dennis Tennant (Forum Administrator) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
@ = Not present
- Dick Montgomery, President
- Extension to Doug Hamilton's membership for services rendered as Regional Coordinator
Motion to extend Doug Hamilton's IPMS membership for his years of service as an RC.
- Motion for 2 year extension seconded.
- Unanimous vote in favor.
- Business on behalf of Jack Kennedy:
- Contact with Bill Spires, IPMS# 137. He is sending a CD with almost complete set of IPMS Quarterlies (95%), IPMS Updates (95%) and the Journal 100% on CD's Motion made to extend Bill Spires' membership by one year.
- Motion seconded and Unanimous vote in favor.
- John Noack, 1st VP
- Report of general status of Reviewer Corps.
- Reviewers and Review Items -- Working with Dave Morrisette to continually find new review sources, plus found about 8 through media sources recently. No need to seek new reviewers but happy to accept volunteers.
- John Ratzenberger stepping down from Reviewer Corp Webmaster. Transition planned and look for new Reviewer Corps webmaster.
- Supporting the Troops Program under continuous improvement. New contacts in Afghanistan. Eric has helped a lot to update website information.
- Ron Bell, 2nd VP
- Report on 2010 Convention-Phoenix very organized—going well at this point.
- Report on 2011 Convention—Omaha is studying and learning by observing the Phoenix team.
- Report on bids for 2012 Convention—a chapter is preparing a bid for presentation.
- Tim Darrah, DLC
- Transfer of Secretary files from Tim Darrah to Larry Randel complete.
- Total clubs chartered = 224 chapters.
- Request to Eric to add field for IPMS number on the MNT request form. This will reduce approval time.
- RC-7 search is on-going. With a deadline of submissions of May 15 and, hopefully, will have a new RC-7 in-place on June 1.
- RC-8 search update.
- Treasurer, Ed Kinney
|Regular checking account
|Make N Take checking
|Key Bank CD
|National City CD
|2010 Convention Checking
- The recent purchase of kits for Make N Take and Supporting the Troops programs has caused the significant drop in our regular checking account. Shipping costs have gone up considerably. Chapters that are able need to be encouraged to donate to help defray the costs of the kits and shipping.
- Nat. Of. Mgr., MJ Kinney
- V22J2 was mailed out on April 5th to a total of 4,418 down from 4,502 for V22J1.
- Amendment ballots are in V22J2 – we will need 643.8 ballots for the voting to be official.
- New members to date for 2010 – 157.
- Convention cancellation insurance has been obtained at a cost of $612.50.
- Bonding has been renewed for the IPMS Treasurer as well as the Convention Treasurer.
- Marsh – the carrier for our chapter liability insurance – has advised that they cannot provide a waiver of subrogation or hold harmless clause nor can they provide an entity to be named as primary or non-contributory. Chapters need to make certain these are not factors when they sign a contractual agreement for a facility.
- Convention registrations are using the credit card system on line, which is working very well. I have daily contact with Phoenix registration on these.
- Jack Kennedy, H/PD
- Working with Ralph Forehand, Frank Mitchell and Fred Horky about doing a history of IPMS. They have been working on this for over a year and will report to me at the National Convention in Phoenix.
- Contact with Howie Belkin, IPMS# 16, and a member of my former chapter in NY. I asked him to write an article on the early days of IPMS and also to talk to Ray O'Neil, IPMS# 9, who was also a member of my past chapter. They said that they would be willing to write articles on the history as they saw it.
- John Ratzenberger, DFL
- Soliciting suggestions for improving "Ask IPMS" forum. Topics might be contests, website content, membership, MnT, StT, etc.
- Looking into "Winner's Blog" idea for Nationals Best of winners starting at Phoenix. to get interactive participation from Best of winners.
- Restoring contact info for Foreign Liaisons. , Exploring expanding it, and to make it available to the membership in a manner similar to the SIG info. Starting some kind of "What in the World" column for Journal. Will be informing international contacts information about new public-side Forum.
- We have formed a new SIG, Fine Scale Paper Modeling, and they are active on the forum already.
- Bruce Briggs, Mbr. Sec
- Busy with Phoenix planning. Registration numbers behind but hotel numbers are very full.
- Dennis Tennant, Forum
- Picking up new members from open forum rules.
- Ending up being a great recruitment tool
- Eric Aitala, Website
- Forums transferred to new servers.
- Voting site working well.
Submitted by Larry Randel, Secretary
Monday October 12 2015