September 23, 2012
- Dick Christ (President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Dennis Tennant (Forum Admin) *
- Aris Pappas (50th Anniversary Committee) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- General Activity
- An online "request form" has been created facilitating the ability of a member to request an Amendment Petition Form. The system has been approved for use by the President and has been activated as of Sept 24, 2012.
- Dick Christ, President
- Begin discussions to establish budget for 50th Anniversary, which will be determined "in progress" as the Anniversary Committee and Officers lay out and implement plans.
- Identify staff for IHobby Expo Table.
- Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- The Support the Troops Program is continuing to move along with significant help from Jon Emery.
- Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- Treasurer's Report as of 9/21/12.
|Make N Take
|Cert of Deposit
|Cert of Deposit
- Larry Randel, DLC
- Charter Renewal season about to begin. Online payment system being in place from the start should make renewal payments easier for clubs to accomplish. Already have several new clubs chartered this year and some clubs dropped at the start of the year have finally renewed.
- New club or reinstatement inquiries from So. Colorado, South Salt Lake, Utah, Walla Walla, Washington, Marin County, California.
- Nationals MnT order for 200 models arrived 7/11/12.
- Make and Take Numbers for Aug
Model Costs: $1324.08
Shipping Costs: $ 70.72
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $200.00
- Make and Take Numbers for Sep.
Model Costs: $89.95 (shipping many pre-purchased models from stock)
Shipping Costs: $129.95 (includes estimate still waiting for info)
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $115.00
- Annual Total for 2012 (includes future events already requested or mailed out)
Models: 3714 (Aircraft 2219, Auto 1476)
Model Costs: $6914.94
Shipping Costs: $1297.96
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $2416.00
- Total Cost: $8212.90
- Total Revenue $2436.00
- Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- DVD featuring Quarterly Publications and Update Publications is being planned. Distribution plans are being discussed.
- John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- We have a volunteer to try to restart the Commercial Aircraft SIG.
- 2013 Nats Committee has graciously allocated us 12 display tables in prime viewing space with the caveat that I must return any uncommitted by 1 May. So far I have two SIGs "signed up" -- Middle East Wars and Fine Scale Paper. As usual, most SIGs didn't bother to respond to my initial message so I'll continue to follow up until there is some sign of life.
- Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
- The CMS (Convention Management System) is being upgraded as feedback from the Orlando group is presented.
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
- MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- V24J5 Sept-Oct issue of the journal will be mailed to 4476 – the last issue was mailed to 4503 and 1 year ago we mailed to 4426. There are 246 that have not renewed from V24J4 (last issue).
- There are 427 new members this year to date and 182 rejoins (rejoins are those whose memberships have been expired 1 year or longer).
- The membership incentive program has brought in 233 new members since inception with 233 members receiving a one year membership extension.
- 65 credit cards were processed for convention registrations at the convention and 15 cash registrations, plus membership renewals (sorry I don't have a count on these). There were 21 new members signed up at the convention. We sold 2 dozen hats , 38 polo shirts, 1 sweatshirt, 14 T-shirts and miscellaneous decals and pins.
- 154 Certificates of Insurance have been requested, received and forwarded to the appropriate chapter for this year.
- 2013 convention President and Treasurer have been bonded.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- Forum Admin - Dennis Tennant
- New members since Aug. 1
- 24 new members:
- IPMS/USA members: 16
- non-members: 8
- Total new members since Jan. 1:
- 123 new members:
- IPMS/USA members: 78
- non-members: 45
- Total forum membership: 1521
- New discussion topics since Aug. 1: 356
- New posts since Aug. 1: 1231
- Top five most popular forum categories since Aug. 1:
- General modeling: 4625 views
- About the IPMS/USA national convention: 2073 views
- Aircraft: 1493
- Coming Attractions: 1329
- News and Reviews: 1266
- Busiest posting day: Aug. 16 (72 posts)
- Since my last report, I have reduced the moderation staff and am in the process of changing and re-focusing their duties. I now have just three moderators-at-large working in the forums. Mark Deliduka, Clare Wentzel and Rusty White have been selected to stay in their moderator jobs because they had a proven track record of participation and positive interactions with other forum members.
- Webmaster – Eric Aitala
- Forum software updated.
- Online Store software updated.
- Adding IPMS items (hats, shirts, etc) to store.
- Will need info for 2013 Nats to add their info.
- May need to update webhosting plan on website - we're about 77% of disk space quota. need to check with their tech support to see if they have to do a server move.
- Working on new IPMS Calendar site with better maps function and RSS feeds. no more cut and paste for DLC, just submission moderation. not really ready for testing.
- Web page to request C&BL Amendment form ready to test.
- Currently set to send a verification email to MJ so she can email the form to the member and provides a record of any requests.
- 50th Anniversary Committee - Aris Pappas
- 50th Anniversary Action Plan discussed and accepted. Various EB Officers will put forward proposals and steps toward implementation, working in conjunction with the Anniversary Committee. Significant discussion covered the idea of an award, provided by IPMS/USA, to be given to a model that best meets a fixed (as yet to be determined) set of a criterion that highlights the 50th Anniversary of IPMS/USA. These awards will be offered to the host chapters of Regionals that take place in 2014 and also some International IPMS Branches.
- John Heck - Journal – Not Present
- Mike Polk - NCC – Not Present
Monday October 12 2015