November 18, 2012
- Dick Christ (President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Dennis Tennant (Forum Admin) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- General Activity
- An online "request form" has been created facilitating the ability of a member to request an Amendment Petition Form. The system has been approved for use by the President and has been activated as of Sept 24, 2012.
- Dick Christ, President
- Two temporary appointments have been made. Dennis Tennant will coordinate the paperwork issues for the upcoming Amendment Cycle with the Journal. Bruce Briggs will coordinate the preparation and confirmation of the ballot for the Election Cycle. John Ratzenberger has been appointed to write up the rough drafts of the Policies and Procedures documents mentioned in the National Office Manager report elsewhere in these minutes.
- For the past two months, a committee of Auto modelers has reviewed the rules and categories for Auto subjects resulting in 4 additional Auto categories, which will be rolled out in Loveland.
A budget for the 50th Anniversary Celebration is "in progress".
- Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- Reviewer Corps is continuing to provide service to the modeling community and to IPMS members. 3 IPMS have applied to join the Corps recently.
- Information regarding the upcoming 50th Celebration has been sent to a number of manufacturers and suppliers.
- Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- The 2013 convention plans are proceeding along an appropriate time line. The convention hosts will soon receive the official categories and rules to be used in Loveland.
- The 2014 convention plans are proceeding as planned. Convention and hotel contracts have been signed. The Convention Director and Committee have been asked to provide a "back-up" list of personnel, in case some unfortunate circumstance will cause a current member of that committee to become unavailable for continued service.
- Several clubs have already requested information on bidding procedures for 2015, even before the annual invitation to all chapters has been sent to the Chapter Contacts.
- A note to all convention hosts, present and future, that there is a required form that must be completed and submitted to the Treasurer for reimbursement. This is an IRS requirement for Non-Profit organizations.
- Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- The Support the Troops Program is continuing to move along with significant help from Jon Emery and Rob Benson. Rob has agreed to maintain the Support the Troops Donation Station at the Loveland Convention. The Loveland staff responded immediately to our initial communication regarding the Donation Station and is very supportive of this activity.
- Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- Larry Randel, DLC
- Annual charter renewal period began at start of October and goes until December 31. However, I will consider any club not complete at the end of November as late and will get appropriate attention until they are complete.
- Charter Renewal Currently at 102 of 240 chapters renewed – 43 % completion rate at about the 50% point in the renewal period (actually slightly ahead of last year at this point) . Most clubs are paying the $20 charter renewal fee online. Renewal is going well but is quite labor intensive for the DLC (averages 2 - 3 hours a day).
- New clubs since charter renewal are: IPMS Northern West Virginia Mad Modelers (Region 4) IPMS Cajun Scale Modelers (Lafayette, LA Region 6) IPMS Marin County (Anselmo, CA Region 9) IPMS Utah Southern Front (Pleasant Grove, UT Region 10) IPMS Table Top Cruisers of Central Florida (Melbourne, FL Region 11) IPMS Georgialina (North Augusta, SC Region 12)
- New clubs since charter renewal are:
- IPMS Northern West Virginia Mad Modelers (Region 4)
- IPMS Cajun Scale Modelers (Lafayette, LA Region 6)
- IPMS Marin County (Anselmo, CA Region 9)
- IPMS Utah Southern Front (Pleasant Grove, UT Region 10)
- IPMS Table Top Cruisers of Central Florida (Melbourne, FL Region 11)
- IPMS Georgialina (North Augusta, SC Region 12)
- Inquiry from IPMS Canada about having a reciprocal policy to require any Canadian clubs in IPMS/USA to be IPMS Canada clubs. (Currently we have 2 clubs from Canada in IPMS/USA).
- The policy is:
- IPMS/USA will allow any club from IPMS/Canada, who is in good standing with IPMS/Canada, to become a chartered IPMS/USA club solely to facilitate their ability to obtain event liability insurance. An IPMS/Canada club wishing to join IPMS/USA would have to adhere to the IPMS/USA Chartered Chapter requirements of Article 11 of the IPMS/USA Constitution and Bylaws (C&BL) and any other requirements stated on the IPMS/USA charter/recharter form. Individual IPMS/Canada members who join IPMS/USA as individuals should also be aware of Article 1, Membership, of the IPMS/USA C&BL. If an IPMS/Canada chapter, also dual-chartered with IPMS/USA, loses its IPMS/Canada charter, for any reason, they will be immediately removed as an IPMS/USA chapter. IPMS/USA cannot make this same offer to clubs in other countries because of the terms of our insurance.
- Make and Take Numbers for Nov
Model Costs: $539.70
Shipping Costs: $83.46
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $45.00
- Annual Total for 2012 (includes future events already requested or mailed out)
Models: 4089 (Aircraft 2273, Auto 1816)
Model Costs: $8503.99
Shipping Costs: $1535.27
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $2666.00
- Total Cost: $10039.26
- Total Revenue $2691.00
- Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- Not Present, no items to report.
- John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- Thanks to a referral from our RC-1 via our DLC, got a group interested in establishing IPMS-Ukraine in touch with IPMS-UK OSLO.
- Forwarded final draft Canada policy to IPMS-UK OSLO for comment; none received - none received yet - prior discussion indicated it would not be an issue
- Started 50th foreign club research, then stalled out due to death in family. Will restart over Thanksgiving & complete by EOY as scheduled.
- Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
- MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- The Journal is going to the printer Nov 19 or 20th and should be out just after Thanksgiving.
- The IPMS accountant states that IPMS/USA should be completing the 990 long forms now rather than the 990EZ that have been used in previous years. The reason for this is that the convention income has taken us over the maximum allowed for the 990EZ. The accountant suggests that it would be wise to add some additional Policies and Procedures documents that are expected of organizations using the 990 form. These P&P documents include a "conflict of interest" policy, "whistleblower" policy and "document and retention" policy.
- A reminder to all convention hosts, both present and future, that there is a required form that must be completed and submitted to the Treasurer for reimbursement. This is an IRS requirement.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- Forum Admin - Dennis Tennant
- IPMS/USA Discussion forum update through mid-November, 2012.
- There are no issues to report with the discussion forums. We have been getting more registrations from suspected spam sites but the forum software is doing a good job of catching these largely foreign spam accounts.
- Here are the numbers as of November 18:
- New forum topics:
- 1864 new topics YTD
- 6993 new posts since January 1, 2012
- Membership additions:
- 148 new registrations since first of year.
- Of those 76...
- 51 were members (requests from general public),
- 97 were IPMS/USA members (paid-up IPMS/USA members).
- Topic views top five (with number of views):
- Aircraft (16,977)
- Forum FAQ (12.796)
- General Modeling (10,965)
- About the IPMS/USA National Convention (8,480)
- Contests and judging (7,169)
- Total number of topic views, YTD: 118,016 (!!!!)
- We continue to see a lot of activity on the forums following the nationals. Other than the recent attempts of spammers to access the forums mentioned earlier, activity there has been quiet, civil and without incident. other forum members.
Monday October 12 2015