December 16, 2012
- Dick Christ (President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Jim Pearsal (Historian/Publication Dir.)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
- Aris Pappis (50th Anniversary Committee Chairman ) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- General Activity
- EB Motion : That the Office Manager be authorized to bind 2013 insurance by the quotes received for GL & UMB for $12,767 total. The motion was passed with no dissent.
- Dick Christ, President
- Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- Not Present, no items to report
- Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- The 2014 convention plans are proceeding as planned. Convention and hotel contracts have been signed. The Convention Director and Committee have been asked to provide a “back-up” list of personnel, in case some unfortunate circumstance will cause a current member of that committee to become unavailable for continued service.
- Several clubs have already requested information on bidding procedures for 2015, even before the annual invitation to all chapters has been sent to the Chapter Contacts.
- A note to all convention hosts, present and future, that there is a required expense report/check request form that must be completed and submitted to the Treasurer for reimbursement. This aids in satisfying IRS requirements to help us maintain our Not-For-Profit classification.
- Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- A new Point of Contact has been developed, this being an Air Rescue USAF Group. Donations are always welcomed. To make a donation please contact the IPMS Secretary at IPMSSEC@IPMSUSA.ORG
- Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- 4th Quarter Treasurer's Report
|Regular Checking Acct
|Regular Savings Acct
|Convention Savings Fund
|Wire Transfer Account
(will transfer to regular checking)
|Make N Take Checking
|Key Bank CD
|National City CD
- Liability insurance premium will be due in the amount of $ 12,000+ - this can be made in 3 or 4 installments. The invoice for V24J6 has not come in yet, additional pages were added to the usual number for convention coverage, so the invoice will be a bit higher, as well as the postage.
- Larry Randel, DLC
- Annual charter renewal period began at start of October and goes until December 31. Charter Renewal Currently at 168 of 242 chapters renewed – 70 % completion rate at about the 80% point in the renewal period (still slightly ahead of last year at this point). Most clubs are paying the $20 charter renewal fee online. Renewal is going well but is quite labor intensive for the DLC (averages 2 - 3 hours a day).
- As expected, Make N Take requests have continued at almost zero for December as well. Requests there have been are for requests into 2013. This represents the usual decrease in activity near the holidays.
- Make and Take Numbers for Dec
Model Costs: $ 179.90
Shipping Costs: $ 28.98
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $ 50.00
- Annual Total for 2012 (includes future events already requested or mailed out)
Models: 4139 (Aircraft 2273, Auto 1866)
Model Costs: $ 8683.89
Shipping Costs: $ 1564.25
Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $ 2716.00
Donations: $ 25.00
- Total Cost: $ 10248.14
- Total Fees Collected: $2736.00
- Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- Thanks to a referral from our Secretary, I have worked with IPMS-UK to assist folks in Croatia to set up their national branch. We are experiencing a distinct increase in these, which is good for the global organization (IMHO).
- Completed 2-1/2 of the 3 draft policies and sent to EB & selected staff.
- Working 50th Anniversary issues, slower than planned, but still working.
- Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
- MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- V24J6 did not go in the mail until December 11th – membership renewals are coming in fast and furious as of course the expiration date on these members for this issue is December 15th ! We mailed to 4,450. There are 483 new members as of December 1st with a good number of “rejoins” from being expired over a year ago.
- I do note that we have 4 new members from Argentina.
- We have sent in the paperwork to bind the liability insurance coverage, so it should be in place by January 15th to cover those 2 events the last half of January.
- Eric is working to get the special products on the shopping cart – I need to get some photos to him and I think he will be ready.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- Forum Admin - Dennis Tennant
- Not present – no items to report.
- Webmaster - Eric Aitala
- Updated Forum software
- Working on the online store - new items to be added
- Working on a new IPMS Events / Calendar site
- Working on a new IPMS Home page design and setup
- Things to do
- Another Forum software update
- Store update for IPMS Nats - need info from Colorado
- Online Amendment Voting process to be set up and activated
- 50th Anniversary Committee Chairman – Aris Pappis
- Committee has submitted a plan for the celebration of 50 years of IPMS/USA.
Monday October 12 2015