IPMS/USA Executive Board Meeting Minutes
February 19, 2012
- Dick Christ (President)
- Steve Collins (First Vice President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian & Publication Director)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Dick Christ, President
- Plans for I-Hobby show are moving forward. Club in the area will be encouraged to provide manpower for the IPMS portion of the event.
Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- Review Corps process is moving forward
- 57 reviews in 30 days
- 116 published in 2012
- And "IPMS" reviewers build the models as part of the review process!
- IPMS has made contact with new companies, and will begin reviewing items from those suppliers.
Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- 2012 Convention Update Received from Orlando?room nights in convention hotel are full, 316 vendor tables, request for trophy sponsorships will be distributed again
- 2013 Convention Update
- Information is being shared with EB as plans move forward.
- 2014 Convention bidding update changes to be distributed to EB and looked over.
Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- IPMS Support the Troops program has received a large supply of models from a single donor as well as continued support from model clubs, IPMS Chapters, and individuals. Chapters or modelers who have potential recipients in their area are encouraged to contact the IPMS Secretary to set up arrangements for delivery of donated items and expansion of the program.
Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- A CD will roll over Feb 20, 2012
Larry Randel, DLC
- RCs are currently soliciting nominations for Chapter of the Year, Newsletter of the Year, Website of the Year
- A reminder to chapters planning events and wanting to submit advertisements to the Journal for these events?.the first step is to contact the RCs and Dir.of Local Chapters.
John Ratzenberger, DFL
- SIGs are on "standby" for table space at National Convention in Orlando
Jim Pearsall, Historian/Publications Director
- Chapters are reminded that DLC and RC are the first people that chapters need to contact when scheduling an event and this must be done before Journal will accept "advertisements" for events.
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
- 4,213 Members
- 3,969 Adults
- 37 Juniors
- 28 Life
- 179 Family
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
Last Updated:Wednesday February 14 2018