IPMS/USA Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Dick Christ (President)
- Steve Collins (First Vice President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Dennis Tennant (Forum Admin)*
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Dick Christ, President
Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Dave Morrissette for all the help he provided as I transitioned into running the Reviewer Corps.? Dave's massive amount of 'corporate knowledge,' and willingness to share it, made it easy for me to take the reins of a program that was already functioning well.? Many thanks, Dave.
- 220 reviews for 2012, 5 new reviewers have joined the Reviewer Corps
- Webmaster reports the follows stats for the Review area on the website
- Jan to April 15, 2012?..7500 visits by 4000 visitors with 31,000 page views within the review area.
- Average annual numbers for the review website are 446,000 visits with 57,000 unique visitors in the course of a yea
Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- Awaiting financial report from Omaha Convention
- April 2012 IPMS/USA 2012 National Convention Update
- 93 Adults
- 1 Junior
- 12 Fantasy of Flight tours
- 14 Kennedy Space Center tours
- 55 Adult Banquets
- 1 Child Banquet
- 32 Judges
- 37 T-Shirts
- 25 additional Pins
- Trophy Sponsorships:
- All but one of the "Best Of" awards are spoken for, 2 of the theme awards are spoken for. We have 47 categories paid for or pending, waiting for payments.
- There have been a few come in from some of the vendors. Total is almost $1000 dollars. One thing that was being considered was a color convention booklet. At this time unless we get more sponsorship for it, this project will be nixed.
- Room Reports:
- Room Bookings have slowed, but we are still booking rooms. There have been some cancellations, but not enough to cause any concern.
- Disney Site Visit:
- On April 13, 2012 several members of the committee went to Disney for a site visit. Some of the information covered.
- Banquet / Awards Ceremony:
- A/V requirements, table and general seating in the ballroom. We should e able to fit close to 1000 people in for the awards ceremony.
- Disney provides wi-fi in most common areas.
- Convention center lobby:
- Tables for 2013 convention in the main lobby of the convention center.
- Convention Parking:
- Disney will do a hard close of the convention center parking lot, so to make sure that we have as many parking spaces available as possible. People staying at the resort will have guaranteed parking. Attendees that are staying off property will have access to parking at the convention center, but it will be a first come first served. If the lot is full they would then have to park in the main parking lot for a fee ($14.00 per day) and ride the monorail to the convention center. All this information will be posted shortly on the website.
- Foreign Attendees:
- There have been several inquiries from attendees from foreign countries and I have worked with John Ratzenberger with these. I just want to say that John has sure made this area easy.
Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- IPMS Support the Troops program moves forward. New Points of Contact (PoC) include three new "programs" which supplement the IPMS Wounded Warriors program. Active programs are:
- IPMS Eagle Squadron located in North Carolina (Jon Emery), (up and running)
- Kandahar (Wes Macon) (soon to be up and running)
- FOB Tarin Kowt, AFG, Afghanistan (SGT Jim Meyers) (up and running)
- IPMS Wounded Warriors located in San Antonio (John Dinsmore) (up and running)
Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- Balances as of 3-16-2012
|Make N Take||2,099.39|
|Cert of Deposit||46,547.63|
|Cert of Deposit||80,336.22|
Larry Randel, DLC
- RCs reporting on annual nominations for National IPMS Chapter of the Year, Newsletter of the Year, and Website/Webmaster of the Year. (Period is for April 1011 to April 2012 to be considered for 2011 winners). Deadline for submissions is to me is April 15th. In the next weeks I will get the nominations posted from each region posted for E-board review and silent votes. I will compile results to be announced at the Nationals in Orlando.
- Phil Hale RC-3 has decided to remain in place with the approval of the DLC. New RC-8 search beginning (replacing Jim Woody moved out of California).
- Make and Take Numbers for April
- Events: 7
- Models: 445
- Model Costs: $ 894.11
- Shipping Costs: $ 137.99
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $ 337.00
- Cross-check to eliminate missing events in the journal listings in March issue is helping to eliminate mistakes. No missing events in the Journal calendar have been reported to me.
John Ratzenberger, DFL
- New SIG, HMMWV in Scale
- Politely declined two more requests, both from Guatemala, for "invitations" to 2012 Nats
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- Insurance Coverage for the Orlando convention has been set and includes the Option 2 package (a term applied to a specific level of coverage used by the insurance company).
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
Forum Adm.- Dennis Tennant
- IPMS/USA Discussion forum update through March, 2012
- Since the first of the year, the IPMS/USA discussion forum has seen steady growth with few problems.?
- New forum topics:
- Jan - 193
- Feb - 143
- March - 166
- 1881 new posts since January 1, 2012
- Membership additions:
- 37 new registrations since first of year.
- Of those 37...
- 15 were members (requests from general public)
- 22 were IPMS/USA members (paid-up IPMS/USA members).
- Topic views top five (with number of views):
- Aircraft? (3546)
- Figs? ? (2579)
- General modeling? (1918)
- Armor ? (1630)
- Contests and judging ? (1598)
Webmaster ? Eric Aitala
- Some edits and updates have been made, and some will be made in the near future.
- 7500 visits by 4000 visitors with 31,000 page views within the review area for 2012
- 446,000, visits by 57,000 unique visitors in the course of a year.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
Last Updated:Wednesday March 21 2018