Executive Board Meeting Minutes
February 17, 2013
- Dick Christ (President)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- Ed Kinney (Treasurer)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Jim Pearsal (Historian/Publication Dir.)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
- Aris Pappis (50th Anniversary Committee Chairman ) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- The Webmaster has activated a link to the following information on the website regarding the election cycle for 2013.
- Jan 15 Candidates for an EB office (Pres, 1st VP, 2nd VP, Sec, Dir.of Local Ch, and Historian/Pub Dir.) can request a nomination petition from the IPMS National Office Manager.
- Mar 31 Nomination petitions for an EB office must be returned to the National Office Manager, postmarked no later than Mar 31st.
- April 10 Each candidate is allocated a ¼ page in the May/June issue of the Journal. All candidate biographies must be submitted to the National Office Manager by April 10. May-June Balloting for EB office begins upon distribution of the May-June Journal, which will contain the EB ballot. Balloting on-line will be made available at or near the same date as the distribution of the Journal, or at an earlier time as deemed appropriate by the EB.
- Aug 31 Balloting closes for the EB election. All ballots mailed to the National Office must be postmarked prior to Sept 1st. The on-line balloting system will be deactivated prior to Sept 1st.
- Sept 3-10 Results will be made public upon completion of a tally of votes and validation of ballots received.
- Oct 31 Newly elected EB officers assume the full responsibility of office..
Dick Christ, President
- Mark Perschetti has been appointed as Chief Judge. Also Ed Grune has been appointed as Head Ship Judge and Doc Maydak has been appointed as Head Auto Judge.
Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- No items to report.
Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- A question was received from Colorado regarding vendors participating on tours at the National Convention. As long as the Vendor is not taking a seat space away from an IPMS member the vendor is welcomed to register for a tour in the usual manner. The most recent financial report Omaha was found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, and additional information is required. The Financial report and written report contain discrepancies. A follow-up conversation is planned to resolve these discrepancies. Email was sent to Scott Hackney regarding the final report on 1/18/13. At the time of this update, there has been no reply.
Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- No items to report.
Ed Kinney, Treasurer
- Quarterly Report will be presented next month.
Larry Randel, DLC
- At the moment we have 229 chapters with 12 chapters that did not renew during charter renewal period. Have contact with half of the 12 and they are working on finishing renewal.
- February MnT Report. Make and Take Numbers for Feb. 2013 Events: 6 Models: 350 Model Costs: $1109.30 Shipping Costs: $354.87 Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $350.00
- RCs are soliciting info for chapter of the year nominations in their region and gathering information for website and newsletter nominations.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- Questions regarding the possibility of online receipt of the Journal have been received and are being researched. A major concern is that printing prices are based on volume and if the number of Journals printed drops the cost of printing will increase.
- Zinio will be research.
John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- See 50th Anniversary notes.
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
- Not present - No items to report.
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- V25J1 of the Journal was mailed on February 6th and as many of you probably know there was a problem at the printers with duplicate pages and missing pages. To date I have sent out 21 replacements and I suspect there are more. The printer will be asked for a credit on the next printing bill to cover the cost of sending corrected issues to those members affected. At this time the number of affected members is 25.
- We have to date 69 new members this year and 31 “rejoins” (been expired over 1 year). When we went to press there were 281 from the previous journal that had not renewed – that number is down to 250.
- For discussion/decision:
- Convention cancellation insurance- Motion made and passed. Business policy to cover Colorado items- This expense is a convention expense and not a national expense, and therefore, must be shared by host and National. This policy cover office items at the National Office as well as IPMS/USA property in Colorado?
- 2012 convention is waiting for D Christ travel expenses and we will then be able to close the books on it. Dick C said that he would have a receipt between 24 to 36 hours.
- 2013 convention credit card usage has been good, but a bit slower than in the past.
Forum Admin - Dennis Tennant
- No items to report.
Webmaster - Eric Aitala
- No items to report.
50th Anniversary Committee Chairman – Aris Pappis
- Our vendor can supply silk screened 5x7 plaques for a maximum of $ 15.00; engraved plaques would be a minimum of $ 25.00. The 5x7 plaque weighs 7 oz, with brass logo plates the weight would be 10 oz, with brass coated aluminum logo plates the weight 8.3 oz. Vendor would need to have a design given to him. Plate can be brass or aluminum with a brass appearance.
- Send 1st Package Int. Service at $15 to $18 per item to mail. With misc expenses added in the estimate per plague is $50 to produce and ship. (Dick C’s est.) Budget at about $2000 for all plaques to go overseas and for Regional Convention hosts in the States.
- Domestic shipments (Regionals) estimated at $25 per plaque.
- John Ratzenberger and Larry Randel to handle shipping details while Aris Pappis will handle design. Process of shipment will follow design standardization.
- Airfix may offer a release to honor the 50th Anniversary. Potential release is 1/72nd Skyhawk-C model with a decal sheet for a West Coast and East Coast Squadron from 1964. Airfix has also released “honor” kits for other IPMS organizations and thus, they have the experience, and their kits are reasonably priced.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
Last Updated:Wednesday April 05 2017