Executive Board Meeting Minutes
September 22, 2013
- Dick Christ (President)
- Steve Collins (1st VP)
- Mike Ronnau (Second Vice President)
- Dick Montgomery (Secretary)
- Larry Randel (Director of Local Chapters)
- John Ratzenberger (DFL)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Dir.)
- Bruce Briggs ( Mbrship Sec)
- Mary Jane Kinney (National Office Manager) *
- Eric Aitala (Webmaster) *
- Dennis Tennant ( Forum Adm)*
- Dave Morrissette (Newly elected 1st VP attending as a guest)
- Aris Pappas
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- Dave Morrissette, by unianimous vote of the EB, has been appointed as an interim Treasurer.
Dick Christ, President
- Process for selecting a new treasurer- a job description will be generated and made available to the membership. Those interested in applying for this job should contact Dick
Steve Collins, 1st Vice President
- Reviewer Corps is moving forward and gaining new members.
- Working with Dave Morrissette, newly elected 1st VP, in order to provide for a smooth transition of responsibilities.
Mike Ronnau, 2nd Vice President
- The 2015 Convention will be held in Columbus, Ohio.
- IPMS/USA will provide a banner for the Telford Event, congratulating them on their 50th anniversary (Theirs is 1963-2013, while that for IPMS/USA is 1964-2014). • IPMS/USA will provide a banner for the Telford Event, congratulating them on their 50th anniversary (Theirs is 1963-2013, while that for IPMS/USA is 1964-2014). IPMS members present at the Loveland convention were invited to autograph the banner with their name and IPMS #. The banner will be sent to the appropriate folks in the UK after the Loveland convention.
Dick Montgomery, Secretary
- As a 501(c)7, IPMS/USA has complied with the 990 documentation policy for the IRS. As part of that policy IPMS has been collecting "Conflict of Interest" documentation for officers, staffers, and certain members. The compliance rate has been excellent and stands at 100 %.
- Chris Martens has been appointed as the Forum Administrator, to take effect upon the resignation of Dennis Tennant from that position. The motion passed on Sept 13, 2013.
- Dave Morrissette and MJ Kinney are authorized to sign checks for IPMS/USA.
- Dave Morrissette has been appointed as Interim Treasurer.
Larry Randel, DLC
- Process for selecting a new RC for Regions 2, 3, and 4 is underway. Contact the DLC, Larry Randel, for information.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- No items to report.
John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- There are 17 overseas branches confirmed, participating in the IPMS/USA 50th Anniversary celebration. One of those branches has already had their contest and returned their info/pix of that event.
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
- No items to report
Staff in Attendance or via submission of report
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- At present we are showing 4,272 members, but this number will change a bit when all the renewals are processed, as there are quite a few rejoins. We have 322 new members this year – 18 of these from the convention.
- The printer had a problem with the foreign mailings of the last journal – the label printer dropped all the street addresses, provinces and mail codes from all the foreign memberships. The printer is printing additional journals and will be mailing them this week – at no cost to us, of course.
- A checking account has been opened for the 2014 checking account for Hampton Roads and all bank accounts. Dave Morrissette and MJ Kinney are now authorized to sign checks until a new Treasurer is appointed.
- We will "shop" our liability insurance policy, as there is dissatisfaction with our current present carrier. Westfield Insurance provided coverage for the special display in Loveland . They have expressed an interest and seem to know all about chapter liability insurance.
Forum Admin - Dennis Tennant
- The forum continues to grow at a steady rate. As of 7/20/2013:
- A total of 50,605 posts have been made.
- We have 1,625 total members with 1,240 being IPMS/USA members in good standing.
- YTD, we have added 70 new members, 31 are IPMS/USA members.
- The top ten topics are (with number of views):
- Aircraft (7185)
- General Modeling (3311)
- The Bull Pen (3021)
- Theme Pics (2608)
- Armor (2418)
- IPMS/USA Topics (2315)
- On the Bench (2276)
- Ships (2004)
- Contests and Judging (1755)
- Cars, trucks and motorcycles (1263)
- No changes have been made to the moderation staff in over a year and things are running smoothly. No disciplinary actions have been taken for violations of forum rules but there continues to be a sizable number of false registrations from spambots which I delete on a daily basis.
Webmaster - Eric Aitala
- The Web Server has been upgraded to a total of 75 gigabytes of storage space.
Submitted by Dick Montgomery, Secretary
Last Updated:Wednesday February 14 2018