Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- Dave Morrissette (1st VP)
- Mike Van Schoonhoven (2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- John Noack (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Action Items for September
- Creation of new nomination petition forms for new officers — Ron and Marie
- Membership recognition pins — Ron
- Amendment review underway — CRB
- Membership survey in the works — Don Schmitz
- National Office planning to have a table at the First Coast chapter show in February — Marie
- National Convention coverage appearing in November issue of Airfix Model World magazine — Marie
- Chapter re-chartering season is underway — John N.
- Financial report updated through September 2016. Taxes filed, payments made. Working on a way to use our web store to renew memberships — Mike O.
- Working with Fred Horky to add more chapter newsletters to his distribution list — Jim P.
Ron Bell, President
- Discussion continues on the concepts of multi-year chapter re-chartering.
- Membership recognition pins are being designed. The first round of pins will be awards in the later winter/early spring as we need to close out 2016 to get any last-minute members.
- Constitution Review Board (CRB) is up and working. One member has already given his report.
- The new officer's petition is now available via the Office Manager or on the website.The member survey will be a topic on the Nov. Eboard conference call and Don Schmitz, the Marketing Committee representative, will attend as they originated the idea.
- Having a standard national web site is still in the discussion stage. Seems it's not as easy as first thought what with the potential of four hosts needing sites at once. (immediate past convention, next convention, possible two future conventions.)
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- 58 late reviews - five major offenders
- New supplier - Resin2Detail thanks to Big Bill Schwarz of NJ
Mike Van Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President
- Nothing to report.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- Financials are updated through the end of September. I am still waiting for the final breakdown of income from the 2016 Convention. 2015 Taxes have been filed and payment made. 2016 tax payments are up to date as well. I have researched the ability to use the web store to allow auto-renewal of membership dues with the help of Eric Aitala (IPMS Webmaster). It is possible, but with some limitations that may or may not be acceptable to us. I'm working with Eric to test the function and determine the risks and ongoing work involved to manage the renewal process. I plan to have a presentation ready for our November call.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- The British modeling magazine, Airfix Model World, has informed us that they covered our Nationals in Columbia and are planning to use several photos of member models in their November issue. We have contacted the members in question and have put them in touch with the folks at Airfix so that they can get the correct spelling of names, etc. We look forward to seeing their coverage
John Noack, DLC
- Chapter rechartering season is upon us and I am mailing out updated Fact Sheets and database info to the Regional Coordinators.
- Enhanced instructions on how to request and obtain insurance for contests and events have been added to the website with Eric's assistance.
- Looking into Ron's suggestion on offering multi-year rechartering as an option to chapters next year.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- I contacted Fred Horky about newsletters.
- We have 4 new newsletters added this year. Denver, Gainesvillle FL, Northern VA and Lakes Region
- Jacksonville had dropped out, but is now sending again.
- Fred receives about 39 newsletters per month, some intermittently.
- So if we publicize it a little more, maybe he'll get 45 or so?
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- New Membership numbers:
- 2016 Convention: 14
- August (other than convention): 22
- September: 20
- October so far: 10
- Sept/Oct V28J5 Journal mailing list was sent to Spectra Print on 10/10/16. 3895 total to be mailed out, not including any extra copies sent to me for future mailings/missed or damaged copies.
- The $90.00 donated back to the society by Walt Fink at the Convention has been used up with the exception of $3.00 remaining. It paid for 2 family memberships and 1 Junior.
- I was contacted by Stu Fone from Airfix Model World magazine at the 2016 National Convention and he later provided me with a list of 22 IPMS/USA members that he wanted to feature in their November, 2016 issue. I was able to get approval from all the members to publish t heir names in the publication and were very honored to be recognized. One was a Junior and happened to be from one of the Families that I used the money from Walt Fink to turn their membership from an Adult to Family membership.
- My presence at a National Office table at the September Modelpalooza show in Orlando, FL was welcomed. I will be contacting Gil Hodges to have a table at First Coast's show in February as well.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Wednesday April 05 2017