Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Election calendar set, petitions online and with OM
- Recognition pins moving along
- Postage update made
- Two new review items from Tiger Models and AMK
- Work continues with Sprue Bros. on insert flyers
- Chapter rechartering at 59%
- Liability policy renewed for 2017
- Financial switchover to Chase complete
- PayPal added as new payment choice
- Hobby shop submissions for the website are on the upswing
Ron Bell, President
- We've set the election calendar and the nominating petition is now available online as well as from the Office Manager.
- The membership list for 2016 is now set, so I can move ahead on the membership recognition pins. I've totaled up how many of each we will need and will get the design to our bling provider to get a price. Since this is the first time for this, we have a lot of catching up to do, but future years won't be anywhere near as much work. This first time, we will be awarding in the neighborhood of 2,600 pins, but next year we'll only award around 250.
- Still working with the Journal people on the best way to present the C&BL amendment due to its length.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- Twenty one new memberships received in December 2016.
- The postage update is complete. Our postage is going down .5 cent for metered mail in mid-January from .465 to .46 for each letter or membership card sent out.
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- New review items from Tiger Models, AMK and several more
- Late reviews are down
- Working with Sprue Brothers on flyers.
Mike Van Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President
- Nothing to report.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- The new banking relationship with Chase is going well, and I have been using their online bill payment and Chase Quick Pay to pay our invoices and expense reports. Quick Pay gets the money there fast and I will use it to pay members expenses if they are willing. Feedback on online bill pay has also been good. With the concurrence of the Eboard, I set up credit card processing through PayPal. We can now accept all major credit cards including Amex, and PayPal payments on the web. We have a new Virtual Terminal to accept mail or phone payments, and multiple card readers for onsite payments at conventions. Thanks To our Webmaster Eric Aitala for his help getting PayPal working with our store. I will be working with Dave Morrissette to close out the accounts at Huntington later in January.
- Our past due Journal advertisers remain the same, MRC and IPMS CennPenn. MRC has yet to make any payments, but has promised to bring the account up to date over the next two months. IPMS CennnPenn hasn’t responded to Doug Reed’s requests for payment yet. Our new invoicing process is working; aside from MRC we have only two outstanding payments due for 28J5, which was invoiced on 12/19. Almost half of the payments for 28J6 have already been received, and it was just invoiced on 1/2/17.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I’ve seen an increase in hobby shop submissions following my article about the new website feature in the last Journal. Thanks to everyone who participated. If you haven’t added your favorite shop to the list, please do!
John Noack, DLC
- Chapter rechartering is at 59%, about on track with last year. Working with the straggler chapters now. RC's are being very helpful in the process and taking more ownership of getting chapters over the hump.
- Liability insurance policy renewed for 2017 and all January and February event coverage requests have been fulfilled.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- Pretty much everything’s fine with the Journal.
- Looks like we might get the overdue ad money from one of our advertisers after all - Doug Reed’s working that.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Tuesday July 10 2018