Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Ron Bell, President
- Notice about pin delivery at convention posted and will be in Journal
- Election info ready to go in next Journal
- Computers with registration program delivered to Omaha
- Category sign bases used in Columbus shipped to Omaha.
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- The Sprue Brothers ads revised. Will pass by Gordon Kwan too.
- I revised the Reviewer Corps Operating Procedures and included all the updates like the database, posting guys, putting the new product announcements on the Forum, etc. I also revised the review guidelines. I still need to revise/update the review templates
- Late reviews are decent at 45. No major offenders. Having communication issues with one new reviewer and working on it
- Contact sent to Scott Hackney in Omaha for setting up reviewer corps get-together and Reviewer Corps Support Dinner
Mike Van Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President
- Nothing to Report.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- I finally have all of the information I need to file the 2016 taxes. With luck they will be filed by month end. Working through some details with the accountants. Although the due date for Form 990 is May 15, we received an extension.
- We have completed reconciliation of the 2016 Convention. We will pay the convention host chapters' share of the proceeds shortly. A full financial report is being prepared for publication. Thanks to the Columbia team under Pete Maher for getting me the information I needed! Completed the South Carolina Secretary of State Raffle Report for the 2016 Convention.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I added a new SIG to the fold recently. It's the Asian Air Arms SIG and is run by Brian Griffin, a IPMS/USA member in England. In his words: "The SIG is aimed at those who are (or could become) interested in modeling 26, post-1945 Asian Air Forces, from Mongolia to Sri Lanka: and from Japan to Afghanistan. It is supported by an extremely comprehensive website www.asianairarms.com that is being added to (and amended!) daily, featuring a host of colour schemes, photos of aircraft, photos of members' models, informative articles, videos, etc."
John Noack, DLC
- Two new Chapters chartered, one each in R4 and R5. Several other potential charters underway. We're at 220 Chapters currently.
- The Nautical Research Guild has become our latest virtual Chapter as well.
- Selection of Regional winners for COY, Webmaster of the year, and Newsletter Editor of the Year are complete with about 75% of the Regions participating. Selection of National winners is underway with the assistance of Eric and Chris. I will order the appropriate awards shortly.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- I helped Airfix Magazine update our new address for the IPMS/USA ad in their magazine.
- I sent Doug Reed contact info for Tru-Color Paint, a fairly new company here in the Phoenix area making model paints. They expressed interest in an ad.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
Forty-two new members joined in April.
Eric Aitala, Webmaster
- Nothing to Report.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Wednesday March 21 2018