IPMS LogoInternational Plastic Modelers' Society / USA

IPMS LogoInternational Plastic Modelers' Society / USA

IPMS LogoIPMS/USA

IPMS LogoIPMS/USA

Executive Board Meeting Minutes

August 2017

Officers Present

  • Ron Bell (President)
  • Dave Morrissette (1st VP)
  • Mike Van Schoonhoven (2nd VP)
  • Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
  • Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
  • John Noack (DLC)
  • Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
  • Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *

* = Non-voting staff or Guest

Action Items

  • None

Officer/Staff Reports

Ron Bell, President

  • Our Omaha business meeting went well. The presentation is now posted on the web site.
  • We distributed over 100 twenty-five year membership pins at the National Convention.
  • Prepared and mailed packages for some Regional Coordinators to help with the distribution of membership pins in their regions.
  • For the first time in several years, we will publish a financial report in the Journal as soon as space is available..

David Morrissette, 1st VP

  • The Reviewer Corps is doing well and I’m keeping up with late reviews. We’re at 43 and all are being worked on. The one very late reviewer was contacted at the convention and is working towards resolution.
  • The Reviewer Corps get-together went over well with approximately 25 in attendance. It was great to put faces with names.
  • The Reviewer Corps Support dinner was a success with many thank you notes coming in from all over the globe and many looking forward to seeing everyone in Phoenix. Also worked with several new manufacturers. I will work also with incoming 1st VP to ensure that “no review kits donated” means “no invite” to next year’s Reviewer Corps Support dinner.
  • I had a transition meeting with John Noack, Dick Montgomery (who is also retiring) and Phil Peterson. Plans were worked out and a letter drafted so we can send to manufacturers in mid-October.

Mike Van Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President

  • The Omaha convention went well and I’m anxious to see the official numbers.
  • Waiting for the computers to be returned from Omaha so I can prepare them for Phoenix. Omaha has been notified where to send them.
  • I plan to work on the convention software to add some improvements. No feedback was received during pre-registration of any issues and Omaha has been asked to prepare a list of any problems they encountered so we can address them. I will continue working on the areas that I know need to be fixed.
  • The Phoenix crew gave their update. The dates are August 1-4, 2018. Website URL is www.ipmsusanational2018.org and the email is info@ipmsusanationals2018.org.
  • Have had several interested groups asking for bidding information for the 2020 - 2021 National Convention. Once we have solid confirmation of these potential bidders, I will reveal the locations.

Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer

  • July was a very busy month due to the convention. Lots of activity both through the website and on site at the convention. Having two credit card readers available made things move a bit faster at registration on the busy days. Despite all the activity, net income for July was $1,500 due to the heavier expenses running up to the convention. So far in August I've been reconciling convention transactions with Omaha and taking care of convention bills.
  • In Omaha we met with the 2018 and 2019 convention teams to give them a head start on preparations and financial management of their conventions.
  • As noted by Ron, I will also be finishing up the financial report by the end of August for publication in the Journal.

Dennis Tennant, Secretary

  • Nothing to report.

John Noack, DLC

  • Preparing for transition of duties to incoming DLC....several liaison meetings and calls have taken place.
  • One Region 11 Chapter is reconstituting and will be recharted this month.
  • Starting the process of finding a new R-3 RC to replace Dave Lockhart (he moves into the DLC role in October.)

Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.

  • We’re still working on getting a replacement for Fred Horky, who is managing the gathering and resending of chapter newsletters.  He had his 84th birthday on Saturday, so best wishes to him. 

Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager

  • July we gained 47 new members, 10 of them joined at the convention.
  • 3918 copies of the July/August V29J4 Journal were mailed.
  • Enough ballots have been cast to validate the amendment attempt.

Eric Aitala, Webmaster

  • Nothing to report.

Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary

Last Updated: Saturday September 09 2017