Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- John Noack (1st VP)
- Mike Van Schoonhoven (Interim 2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- David Lockhart (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- David Knights has been appointed as our new Recruitment and Retention Secretary.
Ron Bell, President
- I am in the process of briefing our new Recruitment and Retention Secretary on our existing programs and how the Eboard functions.
- Next task is to appoint a 2nd VP, which will happen shortly.
- Have tasked Sec. Tennant to get the management of SIGs in order so that the info in the Journal is up to date.
John Noack, 1st VP
- The 1st VP transition is complete. We will post slightly over 600 reviews for the year, not bad at all. Reviews are flowing in on a regular basis. Several new manufacturers are lined up, and we are awaiting samples. I will run the late review report early in January and start corralling those with late reviews.
Mike Van Schoonhoven, Acting 2nd Vice President
- No Report
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- Revenues were up in November due to a pickup in member and chapter renewals toward year end. Membership income is very consistent with 2016 so far this year. Journal advertising payments continue to come in much faster than previously due to the changes in invoicing and collection Doug Reed and I put in place last year. The payout for the 2017 Omaha convention has been made but will show in the December financials. No other significant activity to report.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- Working to update our listing of SIGs so that the info in the Journal is up to date.
David Lockhart, DLC
- December Update
- 222 chapters on record.
- 56 Paid & updated Fact sheets
- 30 Paid - no Fact Sheet
- 21 Fact Sheets - no renewal payment
- Two chapters have decided not to renew their charters due to a lack of membership:
- 05-28 Panzer Gnomes (Oaklawn, IL)
- 05-36 Glue Crew (Wausau, WI)
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- Doug Reed is stepping down as Journal Advertising Manager at the end of the current Journal billing cycle. Doug has done a good job, but with job and family responsibilities, he cannot continue so, once again, we are looking for candidates for the Advertising Manager position.
- I am working to place an announcement for the Ad Manager position in the next Journal. Meanwhile, until we fill it, I will be doing the job.
- The transition from Fred Horky to David Lockhart as chapter newsletter wrangler is in progress, and should be complete by January 1, 2018.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- Final October new members added were 17. We added 35 new members in November. Number of copies of the Journal mailed out most recently: 3941.
- I am in the process of renewing the Eboard liability insurance for the new members of the 2017-2019 Eboard.
- Our 2017 Statement of Ownership was published in the Sept./Oct. Journal.
- I will be working on the copyright renewal for IPMS/USA.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Tuesday July 10 2018