Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- John Noack (1st VP)
- T.J Misiolek (2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- David Lockhart (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- David Knights (Recruitment and Retention Secretary)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
- The Board appointed David Knights to fill the new position of Recruitment and Retention Secretary and TJ Misiolek as 2nd VP. I spent some time putting together info for both appointees regarding their responsibilities and getting them listed in all the right places.
- Due to the holidays, not much else happened.
Ron Bell, President
- I am in the process of briefing our new Recruitment and Retention Secretary on our existing programs and how the Eboard functions.
- Next task is to appoint a 2nd VP, which will happen shortly.
- Have tasked Sec. Tennant to get the management of SIGs in order so that the info in the Journal is up to date.
John Noack, 1st VP
- We finished the year with over 800 reviews posted. My transition from DLC to its VP is complete and Phil Peterson and I are working closely together. I have reached out to all of our current industry contacts to introduce myself and I've started pinging some newer ones based on suggestions received from the Reviewers Corps membership. I'm using Google translate to send contact messages both in English and the native language of any foreign supplier in an attempt to build relationships.
T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President
- I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as the 2nd Vice President of IPMS/USA. I believe in the society and especially this e-board in improving and growing the society. I bring some National Convention experience to the table and I look forward to using that experience to working with the host chapters in the years to come. I’ve got a bit of catching up to do but I’ll do my best to partner with our hosts to bring you great convention experiences in the future.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- IPMS/USA ended the year very close to break even, which should be the target for a non-profit organization like ours. I will provide a final report for the Journal as soon as possible- probably before the end of February. Our reserves remain strong, and membership revenues are stable. I’m gearing up for the 2018 convention registration and expenses to start now that we are in the new year. No other significant activity to report.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I’m taking charge of the list of IPMS/USA SIGs on our website and in the Journal. Currently I am trying to make sure our list of SIGs remains current and responsive. I’ll be dropping inactive SIGs and adding any new ones to the list. If any member is interested in starting a Special Interest Group in the future, please get in touch with me and I’ll give your group added exposure online and in the Journal.
David Lockhart, DLC
- So far, 143 chapters have renewed. I’m still waiting on 82. Three chapters have become deactivated due to a lack of membership.
- Chapter Newsletters are being emailed out on a regular basis to the folks on Fred Horky’s distribution list.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- My big issue now is to get an Advertising Manager. Doug Reed has ended his service and we need someone to manage advertising. Currently I will handle this, but we really need a marketing centered person to manage things. Doug has done a great job of putting things in order, and simplified a lot of the work. My thought is to put this in the Journal and on the Forum. I still need to coordinate this with Jim Woody.
- The Ad Manager’s main duties are:
- Manage correspondence concerning advertising in the Journal.
- Receive, store and forward artwork for Journal ads.
- Proof ads before publication.
- Send invoices to advertisers after Journals are mailed.
- Keep records of invoice billing and payment, coordinate with the Office Manager and Treasurer.
- Resolve questions and issues relating to advertising.
David Knights, Recruitment & Retention Secretary
- I am pleased to join the IPMS/USA's E-board to fill the newly created position of Recruitment and Retention Secretary. I first joined IPMS/USA in the early 1980s. I am a big believer in the national organization and I believe that we have the potential to rapidly grow our membership. Ron has transitioned the 25 and 50 year continuous membership program to me. Once I have my hands around our current membership efforts, I hope to make changes to increase our membership further.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- We added 28 new members in December.
- The Nov/Dec 2017 Journal is being mailed out this week (Jan. 10, 2018).
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Tuesday July 10 2018