Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- John Noack (1st VP)
- T.J Misiolek (2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- David Lockhart (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- David Knights (Recruitment and Retention Secretary)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Ron Bell, President
- Working on election ballot/Journal election issue and getting on-line voting ready.
- Coordinating with group of members concerning contest judging system survey to be in Journal and at Nationals.
- Working on new booklet for recruiting members called "Basically Speaking."
John Noack, 1st VP
- Picking up additional manufacturers and publishers for review products.
- Coordinating with Chattanooga to assist them with soliciting industry donations and raffle items.
- Pace has picked up on reviews in the first quarter of 2019.
T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President
- Nothing to report.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- The IPMS/USA continues to be in good financial health. February ended with net income of $10,000, a bit ahead of last year. Expenses were about $5,000 lower due to lower convention expenditures, and income was about $2,000 lower due to lower membership income. My guess is that memberships are down because the 2019 Convention registration started later this year. We get a lot of renewals when people are registering for the convention. We'll see what March looks like for memberships. Activity seems pretty good so far for registrations in March. Speaking of the Chattanooga convention, they have about $27,000 in the bank, far ahead of Phoenix at this point last year.
- I was able to test setting up additional PayPal card readers so that we can have the convention registration desk take PayPal or credit card payments without sending people to the national table. (All membership transactions still have to go to the national table though.) This should help speed up registration this August.
- March Financial Statement
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- Gary Wenko is the new overseas liaison of the IPMS/UK. He reached out to me and we exchanged contact information. I made myself available to answer any member questions or help members contact each other.
David Lockhart, DLC
- Out of the 226 chapters, 179 have recharters, 43 have not yet, 4 have been deactivated
- Starting to collect nominations for the chapter of the region, website of the region, newsletter of the region and member of the region awards.
- Digital Newsletters are going out as usual.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- I have Bill Whipple (Advertising Manager) tracking down overdue payments for Journal ads.
David Knights, Recruitment & Retention Secretary
- My 2019 goal is for us to sustain a membership over 4,000. Thanks to chapter contacts and Marie, we have already hit that goal. I'm hoping to get to 4300 or better this year.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- Georgia Corporate renewal has been completed and the Agent of Record address is now Dave Lockhart's (thank you Dave!) because our former agent, David V., moved to Hawaii.
- We added 48 new members for the month of January 2019.
- An additional 36 new members joined during the month of February 2019.
- 4073 total journals were mailed out for Jan/Feb 2019 around February 21, 2019.
- The 2019 Convention online registration is open and operational. I'm sending updated files to Mike Moore today to update the new CRS for the membership.
- The May/June Issue of the Journal will have the ballots for the E-Board election and a survey regarding contest judging. I'm working with John Heck on this
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Tuesday April 02 2019