Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- John Noack (1st VP)
- T.J Misiolek (2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- David Lockhart (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Motion made by Secretary Tennant and seconded by TJ Misiolek that IPMS/USA offer a free one year membership to any disabled veteran joining the IPMS/USA. This is for NEW members only. Motion passed. Tennant will be working to get the info out to the membership.
Ron Bell, President
- Nothing to report.
John Noack, 1st VP
No new items for me, just the usual 1VP traffic in and out.
T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President
I have one convention pre-bid so far.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- Revenues continue to do well so far this year due to continued good 2019 convention revenues which more than offset a $2,000 dip in membership income. Expenses are flat except for convention expenses, which are $10,000 lower than this time last year. Overall net revenue is $15,000 above this point in 2018.
- If there is a financial weak spot it is Journal revenues, which are continuing to slide. Journal advertising contributed $22,300 in all of 2017, but only $10,900 in 2018. So far this year we are even with 2018, but we had no receipts for advertising in April and invoices have not gone out for either 31J1 or 31J2. Publications Director Jim Pearsall will be working to fix the advertising income issue with transition to a new ad manager.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I have updated the SIG listing and new info will be showing up online and in the next Journal.
- I have collected the annual conflict of interest forms from everyone who needed to sign one. Thanks for getting this done relatively quick.
David Lockhart, DLC
- As of this meeting, of the 227 chapters, 5 have been deactivated.
- 16 chapters have yet to complete paperwork and/or submit checks to avoid chapter
deactivation. Nominations for regional and annual awards coming along.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- I have Bill Whipple (Advertising Manager) tracking down overdue payments for Journal ads.
David Knights, Recruitment & Retention Secretary
- My 2019 goal is for us to sustain a membership over 4,000. Thanks to chapter contacts and Marie, we have already hit that goal. I'm hoping to get to 4300 or better this year.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
I report 36 new memberships in April and I am working on sending out the new stickers for the Chapter renewals. Convention registrations still coming in.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Friday June 28 2019